A Fixed Deposit account is an interest bearing account, where a fixed amount is held at fixed interest rate and is repayable (principal/interest) at a fixed future date as agreed at the time of placement of the deposits.
Features & Benefits
- Fixed Deposits can be opened only by account holders.
- Normally interest rate in Fixed Deposits is higher than interest rate in Savings Account.
- Minimum amount to open Fixed Deposit is currently fixed at NPR 10,000/-.
- Interest in Fixed Deposit is paid as per customer's request (quarterly/annually).
- Pre-upliftment before maturity of Fixed Deposit is not allowed. However there is a facility of availing loan against existing Fixed Deposits.
- An investment alternative, which is safe and allows funds to be placed for a fixed period with interest rate guaranteed for that period.
- Facility of automatic renewal/disposal of principal & interest as per the instruction of the customer.